Systems Change Funding - What's Holding You Back?
Join GEO members for an interactive discussion to surface and share strategies, examples and questions geared towards changing and scaling impact beyond the crisis.
The COVID-19 crisis that began in 2020 was the impetus for many funders to change grantmaking practices to better enable grantees to weather volatile times. Join your peers in an interactive discussion to surface and share strategies geared towards changing and scaling impact beyond the crisis. Heather Grady, Vice President of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, will lead this peer conversation for participants to explore how funders can maintain and further improve grantmaking practices while grappling with the origins of philanthropic wealth.
Some grantmaking practices to consider prior to the conversation include:
- The average length of time for a grant and the amount
- Allocation of funding dollars (e.g., general operating, program-specific, capacity building, etc.)
- Level of systems engagement (e.g., addressing root causes, influencing policy, changing mindsets, or shifting how markets/investments work)
- Measuring the impact of grantmaking
- Organizational commitment to diversity, inclusion and equity
Start: Thursday, April 29, 2:00 PM Eastern
End: Thursday, April 29, 3:15 PM Eastern
Please note that this call is only open to GEO members.