Save the Date: Fall 2020 Remote Learning Series
This six-session series gives GEO members an opportunity to gain insight and understanding on GEO's Smarter Grantmaking Practices. Please stay tuned for more information regarding how to apply to participate in the Remote Learning Series
This highly-interactive, six-session online learning series gives GEO members the opportunity to learn from peers about grantmaking approaches and practices that nonprofits say contribute most to their success. The series will cover the following core topics: Community-Driven Philanthropy, Collaboration, Capacity Building and Learning & Evaluation. GEO community examples and racial equity are woven into the program, which also offers participants the opportunity to pinpoint key challenges, reflect on personal experiences and identify key actions that they individually can take to improve practice.
By participating in this series you will:
- Gain an understanding of the practices that can have the greatest impact on nonprofit success from grantmakers
- Identify examples and ideas of practice changes you can individually make based on the experiences of fellow grantmakers, and
- Make connections to other grantmakers who can support you in your work.
The series is highly interactive and active participation is required to gain the most from this course.
Start: Thursday, September 10, 2:00 PM Eastern
End: Thursday, November 5, 2:00 PM Eastern
The series has been tentatively scheduled for the following dates:
- September 10, 2020; 2 - 3:30 PM EST
- September 17, 2020; 2 - 3:30 PM EST
- October 1, 2020; 2 - 3:30 PM EST
- October 15, 2020; 2 - 3:30 PM EST
- October 29, 2020; 2 - 3:30 PM EST
- November 5, 2020; 2 - 3:30 PM EST
Informational webinars will be held on:
- July 14, 2020; 1 PM - 2 PM EST
- July 30, 2020; 1 PM - 2 PM EST
Please stay tuned for more information regarding how to apply to participate in the Remote Learning Series
This series is available only to members of the GEO community. The registration fee is $250 per person for the six-session series. Registration is limited to a maximum of two (2) participants from any one member organization. The series is limited to a maximum of 25 participants.
Contact Margie Obeng