Strategic Learners Network
To achieve faster progress together, GEO is supporting members to connect, learn and advocate through of a variety peer communities.
The Strategic Learners Network is a peer community of GEO members, whose work includes dot-connecting, pattern-finding and holding the space for internal strategic learning.
Overall Goal: Members of the community:
- Have a stronger sense of identity as part of the network
- Have a greater understanding of what it means to be a strategic learning professional in dynamic environments
- Have greater competence and confidence in leading change within our organizations, especially changes that advance equitable practices and outcomes
- Increase competence in centering equity in their personal practice
Achieved in a two-phase process:
Developing a professional community. Strategic learning practitioners come together to discuss questions and interests unique to the work and experiences, developing a shared identity.
Defining the professional body of knowledge. Areas of expertise are established, expressing the field’s difference from other areas of work and enabling professionals to promote their specific purpose and contributions to society.
Who can participate? GEO members whose primary job function is to provide the link between research/evaluation and organizational strategy. This includes:
- Connecting learning with strategy and programming (internal learning)
- Bringing external research to improve practices (outside-in learning)
- Maintaining the space for learning (dissemination and sharing)
How to participate? The network will meet virtually via video conference calls 4 times per year, connect at field events, including GEO conferences, & share resources and peer assist via listserv.
- Commitment to participate in virtual meetings
- Share relevant materials and opportunities via listserv
- Provide relevant topics for conversation
2023 Network Leaders:
- Kelley Adcock – Senior Director of Data and Learning, Interact for Health
- Laila A. Bell – Vice President of Learning and Impact, The Skillman Foundation
- Rory Neuner – Learning Officer, Barr Foundation
We would like to recognize the past volunteer leads of the Strategic Learners Network, who have helped shape and create this vibrant community of GEO members:
- Art Garcia – The Kresge Foundation
- Devon Ysaguirre – Democracy Fund
- Donata Secondo – Democracy Fund
- Elyssa Lewis – Skoll Foundation
- Jessica Mindnich – Kauffman Foundation
- Jessica Thacher – California Health Care Foundation
- Lia Parifax – Arcus Foundation
- Liz Ruedy – Democracy Fund
- Nick Randell – The Peter and Elizabeth C. Tower Foundation
- Rachel Bland – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Robert Medina - Sobrato Family Foundation
- Sarah Smith – Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina Foundation
- Tracy Costigan – Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Kathleen Lis Dean – St. Luke’s Foundation
- Christine Baker – Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
Contact Kyle Rinne-Meyers