Member Call: Building a Healing-Informed Sector
Participate in this highly interactive Member Call focused on practicing what a healing informed approach looks like.
On June 16, 2020 GEO presented a one-hour webinar titled Beyond Trauma Informed: Building a Healing Informed Sector. This follow up session will take a closer look at how funders can counter toxic stress, trauma, racism and inequity in their work while building more resilient, generative and strategic organizations.
The non-profit sector’s focus on a “trauma-informed” lens has been beneficial but insufficient in helping pivot outcomes in communities where historic, collective and vicarious trauma impact individuals, organizations and systems. This Member Call will offer you the chance to interact with peers while you engage with examples of what a healing informed sector looks like, how aligned investments may be structured, and how this intersects with DEI work. Minneapolis based NGO Voices for Racial Justice will offer insight into how they are nurturing a generative community organizing approach to racial justice. Come prepared to:
• Participate in this highly interactive Member Call focused on practicing what a healing informed approach looks like
• In breakouts, we will discuss how structures and processes are in place for supporting or challenging a healing-informed culture
• Exchange insights into how a healing informed lens might lend itself to your organizational culture and that of your grantees,
• Consider what strategies beyond grantmaking may advance a social norm shift to promote healing informed communities,
• Reflect on what individual, community, organizational and systems’ healing looks like and what/who benefits when this is done well.
Start: Wednesday, October 28, 3:30 PM Eastern
End: Wednesday, October 28, 5:00 PM Eastern
Please note, this call is only open to GEO members and is limited in capacity.
Camille M. Cyprian
Founder & Healer in Residence, Centered Spaces LLC | Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Minnesota Council on Foundations
Program Manager, Content and Peer Learning, GEO
Director, Catalyst Initiative , Minneapolis Foundation
Contact Cassie Maxwell